Saturday, August 8, 2009

Zig-Zag Quilt along




Well I did it. I finished my zig-zag quilt border and all. No, I didnt get it quilted, that will have to wait until I get caught up with my clients quilts. :)

I think I will be doing more of these. It was fun, and now that I know what I am doing, it will be a lot easier to choose the fabrics that will show off the pattern better.



I am pleased the way it turned out. So pleased that I am using my Ricky Tims convergence fabric for the backing! I have been saving it for something special, well this is it!


My pics arent the best quality and the colors are way brighter in person, but I do like the way it turned out.



I had to add the border so I could use every little bit of what I cut from my fat quarters.
Thanks Amy for your hard work in this quilt along.

Now to get busy on my Kona Coffee Quilt for the contest in November!

4 comments:

  1. I wanted to join but I have been sooooo busy. Love the way your quilt turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the zig-zag quilt top! was that hard to start? i have a time of following directions...and is it really coffee quilt time ...already??

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was easy, once I could see where the quilt was going.
    Coffee quilt pics are due in Sept 1st, thought I would get 2 done this time, but will be lucky to beat the deadline with the one I have started.

    ReplyDelete