Friday, June 26, 2009

Migraine Sewing




I get two studio days. These are the days I do my studio business. Long arm Quilting. I have several quilts in line to be quilted (I am blessed). So these days are very precious to me.
Now what happens when you have a migraine on studio day? You dont dare touch a clients' quilt for fear of what it would look like. :) And you cant waste a day either. So you sew, for yourself. I sorta remembered a quilt I saw in a magazine - cant remember which one. And I sorta remember who did it Kaffe Fasset and someone else. (See what happens with a migraine) So I sorta made it.
Of course my memory was wrong- but the quilt came out okay any ways.

I started with a rectangle of 5 1/2 x 13 1/2. (It should have been 5 1/2 x 17 1/2) then added 3 1/2" strips around it (those should have been 3"). Until I got my desired size (and used up the material I wanted in it :) ). Then I added a border print because I wanted to (not in the directions.)

I call this my head ache quilt. One because I had a head ache. And two those mitered corners would have given me a head ache if I didnt have one already.

This is a quick fun quilt- read stash buster - and it only takes and afternoon.
One that was not wasted!

2 comments:

  1. I should have said "the mitered corners on the border I added." The strips are not mitered. You add the side strips first, then the top strips. You keep doing this until you get the size and materials you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete